Westcott House

Westcott House is a theological college for the Anglican Church in the heart of Cambridge. It consists of a collection of Grade 2 listed buildings arranged around two adjacent quadrangles.

The college, largely constructed around the start of the 1900’s was originally designed to accommodate 40 single male students. The brief calls for a New Learning Resource Centre offering improved facilities for teaching in addition to enhanced common and residential areas within the college to cater for its current intake of approximately 80 students, male, female and married.

Our initial approach was to carry out a strategic review of the college to understand the needs and set in place a masterplan that outlines the building and refurbishment programme to improve the college facilities to meet the current and anticipated needs of the 21st century.

The proposal is to build a new extension to the south of the existing building – requiring a land swop with the adjoining freeholder – with expansion of the existing library at ground and basement level and a basement, ground and first level alongside the Chapel.

The triple gable front – a traditional Arts and Crafts arrangement that aligns and extends the Chapel gable ends- faces onto a new entrance forecourt to give primary access to the College.

The project has received Full Planning and Listed Building consent in December 2015.

Westcott House

Sketch View of Proposed New Learning Centre

Westcott House - New Learning Centre

Westcott House - Lower Ground Floor Plan

Westcott House - Ground Floor Plan

Westcott House - First Floor Plan

Westcott House - Second Floor Plan